PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria Vs Federal Govt Of Nigeria Et Al
Old 2nd Feb 2008, 22:16
Rani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18Left,

Indeed, common sense and the rule of law shall prevail. I have 2 questions:

1- Can we expect VK to sue for compensation for the damaged property and all lost revenue caused by the illegal actions of FAAN?

2- Doesn't Bi-Courtney also have a legal document (BoT contract) with FGN stipulating it has the exclusive rights to accomdate domestic traffic? As I understood, BC has the right to park client aircraft remotely in the GAT ramp, and is working to expand its own ramp.

Good luck to you and VK. I also agree that VK helped initiate real aviation reforms.

PS. What do you think about below Bi-Courtney press release?

MMA2 Meets All Standards

Operators of the Murtala Mohammed Airport Terminal Two (MMA2), Bi-Courtney Aviation Services Limited have described as false, misleading and damaging, the report credited to the International Air Transport Association (IATA) that the new terminal is inadequate.The company, in a swift reaction, said that there has never been an inspection of its facility by the international aviation body or its representative and therefore there couldn’t have been any basis for a report. Speaking, the managing director, Alex Van Elk, said that the terminal has been audited four times by the aviation regulatory bodies in Nigeria, including, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA). The bodies were satisfied with the operational and safety standards of the facilities including the apron which was designed according to IATA specifications. These inspections led to the signing of a Memorandum of Association (MOU) between Bi-Courtney and FAAN, following which, operations commenced at the airport.The airport was built under the Public-Private Partnership arrangement which required huge investments by Bi-Courtney Limited, a Nigerian company driving the Nigerian economy through the provision of world class infrastructure.Bi-Courtney Aviation Services is committed to ensuring first class facilities and services to airport users in line with their vision and mission to transform Lagos into a hub for Africa.