PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR Sim hours - do they count towards 200h TT for CPL issue?
Old 2nd Feb 2008, 11:00
edymonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again I had no problem with going the ME/IR before CPL route. I think the way it will work is if you have a really good FTO that has a lot of experience doing it that way. The school I went to, do it that way normally. I don’t know why but it was just the case.

I will say that doing it that way is not ideal for everyone some people may struggle and you really need to understand your own flying capabilities before you embark going that route. I did some really good hour building before hand that helped me a lot.

Doing the extra 30 hours in the twin may be good but will up the cost a fair bit. I don't know what your plans are after you get your qualifications but does an airline really want to see an extra 30 hours in a twin??? I mean is it going to really put you above the rest of the candidates applying who have the bog standard 30 hours twin time after training, That’s what you need to find out.