PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR Sim hours - do they count towards 200h TT for CPL issue?
Old 1st Feb 2008, 20:34
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simon,

It's a great question and one that I've just been grappling with.

My FTO has two options: ME/IR/CPL or CPL ME/IR. I was going to do the latter and do 100 hours hour-building. I then discovered that the other route apparently required only 70 hours hour-building. On paper the difference between the two routes clearly relates to the higher TT and P1 hours needed to commence the CPL.

But I totted up the hours accumulated on the different options and, despite the complications of flight time 'credits' that can be applied for on completion of the respective courses, the IR before CPL route seems to leave you with only 176 hours TT (plus 46 sim hours).

I don't get it. My FTO has a very detailed brochure listing the pre-course requirements, course content and licencing requirements but doesn't explain this point. It's evident if you read between the lines that you will have to build those hours at some stage to get your licence issued. Why doesn't the FTO say more about this point!?

I shall be looking into this with them and will report back!