PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2008, 14:57
Cessna1052

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpha6,

I did My Aviation english test last July 07. I passed it and was given a Level 4(good for 3 years). Its a computer based examination divided into two parts, First part is a series of test that will involve Grammar, spelling, Listening test and reading comprehensions. The Second part of the test is a phone conversation on a computer generated voice(U.S. of A. based station), and this phone conversation goes also with a series of test like Grammatical composition, Memory retention, Reading( checking your Pronunciation and diction), and lastly is the Extemporaneous speech about some topics to be launched by the computer generated voice. And you get only 20 Seconds to answer it.

This will seem easy, but not quite. We had plenty of Pilots who failed the Computer generated exam, because of Grammatical errors , memory retentions etc.
So, guest what EK did? They hired People to check the Pilots at the briefing center by listening how they speak and converse with the other crew.(Now, this I would say is very Subjective and is very unfair.) All they have to do now is to look at the Color of the Skin and hoorah! here is your Level 6 English test result. Not a fair fight at all.

Dont worry about it too much Alpha just do it now, it will be gone and forgotten even before the time for your English Renewal comes.

Cheers,
C1052