PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC rating in theUK?
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2008, 07:56
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be really careful having a debate with posters who have no history here.
A very good point I think. One presumes the mods can see the IPs and will be having a laugh, if what we suspect is true

Frog-ATC

You are blaming IMC Rated Brits for a problem which some pilots are guilty of worldwide.

The difference, whether you like it or not, is that the IMCR holder will be much safer doing it.

A while ago I was sitting at a certain southern French airport, and a load of French pilots departed for another French airport. In the conditions it was obvious they were going to be IMC enroute, and do a home-made letdown at the other end.

We could swap stories for ages, and it would lead nowhere.

The only answer is training. Not a legal prohibition. Training which is accessible to a broad spectrum of pilots. The IR isn't and never will be very accessible. If as you claim you hold an IR you will know how hard it was.

France already allows its PPLs to fly above a solid overcast. How do you handle those pilots who arrive at the destination, and find themselves still above a solid overcast?