PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2008, 22:50
FlyZB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No news on Air Asia. All has gone quiet on that front. The airport management have made it pretty clear that they anticipate passenger numbers to remain flat for 2008 and any growth will come from the low cost sector. The consolidation of charter carriers won't help passenger figures this year. MAN has identified that short term growth has to come from LCC's. The future proposals highlight this and more information regarding a very exciting project for T3 will be available within the next 6-12 months. I expect long haul services to be developed but at a much slower rate than most would like and this is why the airport has identified the arrival of EZY and growth from FR as a means of improving passenger throughput. The airport is talking to certain long haul carriers regarding routes right now. I can confirm this as definate. Oasis is the current strongest candidate and I can 100% tell you from inside sources that they are seriously considering MAN as we speak.

Vuelo, sounds like you have access to the same information as me. The future proposals for the airport are extremely exciting, particularly the plans for the T1 piers, and for anyone believing that the MAG board are sitting on their a*se watching the airport rust to the ground, I can tell you that you won't get any further from the truth. Watch this space...