PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC rating in theUK?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2008, 21:14
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all due respect, french is not my first language in fact I speak very little but her posting was very clear to me and I can understand exactly the point she was getting across.
Take it from me French is a very subtle language and I am sure our friend will not mind repeating her post in her native tongue.

Makes me chuckle though - there I was accepting vectors into Southampton recently when this chap pipes up, wanting vectors on to the localiser.

He gets told slow traffic ahead, I will position you behind.

That wasn’t good enough, but despite pushing he was vectored further out.

Then he wanted another vector for weather.

At this pointed the frustrated controller asked if he was instrument rated.

I have an IR he said.

In that case you are probably aware you are about to leave CAS, what are your intentions, came the sarcastic reply.

The three of us chuckled.

A very long pause.

Vectors were renegotiated.

Then another weather avoidance was requested.

As we landed he was positioned back on the localiser.

A by now exasperated controller mentioned that you appear to have gone through the localiser, what are your intentions.

We were rolling around by now.

The moral of the story - I am not sure there is one really.

The following week en route to Jersey, and I am not going to name the company, spXXXXXXX , FL45, ORTAC etc. Sir you are not in the airway, what are your intentions. Requesting 20 degrees right. Sir, that will take you further outside the airway, what are your intentions then!!

Chuckles all round.

.. .. .. and the moral, ask the French.

There maybe a difference between these various tales. I can give you the date and time from my log, you might even pull the tapes .. .. ..