PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2008, 20:55
FlyZB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EZY have yet to be assigned a terminal but the idea was to place them in T1 to help take some of the pressure off T3 at peak times. However EZY have requested that they want T3. The airport have not said no to this request but they are looking at ways to reduce the peak throughput in T3 before they confirm that EZY will operate from here. Eventually it is true that all LCC's will be based in T3, as generally this is where they want to be because of the close proximity to the runway. FR will be staying put in T1 for now but I believe one of the conditions of them expanding from MAN is that they move to T3 at some point. As I said in my previous post, there are huge expansion plans to be implemented over the next 5-10 years across the whole airport site. T3 will see a major overhaul in which the size of the terminal will be doubled and my reckoning being that it will just be a cheap, empty shell ideally suited to the LoCo's. This was indeed what Michael O'Leary requested in an interview with the MAG directors last year. Bmi have already shown an interest in moving back to T1 because of the improved facilities the redevelopment will offer. AA will probably follow with a bit of persuasion. Paving the way for T3 to be all Low Cost. It will happen. But not just yet...