PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Using handheld GPS on commercial flight
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2008, 17:47
TWApilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tightslot,

I do not pretend to be an authority on this or any other subject.

Also, it is not required or even suggested that one be an authority on anything to post on this board or any other public board.

I also do not have time to read the scores of back posts on whatever subject I choose to post on. I have a job and a life.

When someone reads a thread and chooses to comment on it, they should feel free to do so without having their feet put to the fire because they are not as versed in the subject as the "experts."

It is people such as yourself cause most people reading boards like this to be lurkers instead of posters. That is a shame. Prior to posting, should a person make certain they've spent sufficient time reading endless pages of back postings and perhaps even outside study to make certain they are not berated and accused of embarrassing themselves since they don't know as much as the "experts" on the subject who read the boards?

That would be absurd. This is a public board for the exchange of RUMORS (as stated in the title) and OPINIONS. I do not say facts, because anyone taking something posted on any public message board as a fact does so at their peril, and that borders on foolishness.

Persons such as yourself take the fun out of sites such as this. How many people would like to post, but choose not to because of responses such as yours?

What a shame.