PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2008, 16:25
FlyZB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updates...

Just had an annual development meeting in work. Lots of things discussed including a new 10 year development plan for the Terminals and Airfield but as these are still in the early planning stages, it is probably best not to discuss the proposals at this time. All I will say is, massive overhauls are planned for the T1 piers and also for T3. What I can tell you for definate is, as of July, the current outbound control in T3 will be closed permanently and the new domestic security area will be extended and all T3 departing passengers will use this.

With regards to routes, I have the following information. Oasis Hong Kong have been in town and had several discussions with the airport. At the minute talks are ongoing and the management say the chances of a June launch are 50/50. Elsewhere, EZY have specified they want to operate from T3 but the airport have currently been unable to allocate them this terminal as it will require another airline moving out. And WW are stalling over the announcement of new routes because of lack of slot availability at the proposed destinations. Unfortunately, which destinations they are looking to launch was not disclosed.

Thats all for now.
ZB.