PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2008, 04:25
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well a democratic result but I think all you No voters experiencing a warm and fuzzy are about to be dealt a rude shock.

GD/AJ will also be experiencing a warm and fuzzy because with your present EBA not due to expire until Sept this year they can now delay it as long as they like after that...having opened negotiations early and been rejected by the pilot body. You guys and girls who voted No are taking a big punt on the state of the economy/pilot shortage in 18 months...I wish you luck.

They are now free to offer individual contracts to whomever they need to crew whatever expansion actually happens before the 'US Cold' gives Asia/Australia the flu and gives J* a reprieve from the 'pilot shortage'. Much better for the bottom line to give 100 pilots a payrise than 600-800.

You don't think there won't/can't be individual contracts do you? They existed before Work Choices and they will exist after work choices. The J* T&Cs are so far above any means testing/protections a Labor, or any Govt, might impose that they just won't care in the least about J* offering individual contracts to prospective employees on T&Cs equal to or greater than the EBA just voted down.

The VB pilots faced an entirely different economic/industry outlook 12+ months ago.

I feel you have let emotions stop you taking a wider view and voting strategically as a result of that wider view. What % of J* pilots are too young to remember a recession?

About 56% apparently.

Chances of AIPA/AFAP getting together for a group hug?

Zero.

Chances of either group achieving a better result if the world is in recession in 18 months time?

Zero.

Chances of the world being in recession in 18 months time?

I would have said better than 50%.

I think this vote will be seen eventually, when AIPA/AFAP fail to deliver on their rhetoric, as the death of any chance for pilot unity in Australia.