PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2008, 02:58
Flava Saver

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts
Silver Sleuth

As I posted on a previous thread, I voted NO. Reading you post saying that you find it sad seeing so many voted yes, i'll put some perspective on it.

I would of liked a resounding NO figure, but a NO is a NO. The dudes sitting in the back seat of an A330 earning sweet f/a would of seen a massive increase compared to what they are earning 'if' this EBA had of been voted up. And i guess quite a few possibly voted for that, and i don't blame anyone for doing that. Some A330 skippers would of seen a fairly decent increase as well, hence a yes vote as well.

Am I glad this got voted down? You betcha. But as Rostov has said, here is your mandate AIPA/AFAP. Here is the extra time you have now wanted. IW and LC NEED to get their heads together, and educate the pilot body, and get the runs on the board that they so desperately want with the JQ group. I swear, if the next round of EBA talks come around (be it this year or whenever) and we haven't progressed significantly, you will lose any confidence in the union movement from a majority of crew.

"You have Control"

PS.. Squawk6969, yep the deal wasn't too bad. Certainly heading in the right direction, BUT, they sold out the F/O's to an extent using command opportunity as the carrot, and hey presto, they have just taken on a heap of DEC and they are openly & actively recruiting for more DEC's, so guys WONT be upgraded as quick as what they think. The big allocation of upgrades that were announced 5 months ago, the majority haven't even started the training, and would of not been eligible for the bonus payment later on, as they would not be checked to line as skippers by April 1, which left a bad taste to those it affected, along with having the 75% Command Training pay negotiated away as well as a double whammy.

Last edited by Flava Saver; 31st Jan 2008 at 03:14.