PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC rating in theUK?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2008, 20:49
stray10level

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I happen to be a UK PPL holder and take extreme offence at some jumped up jerk calling me this:- "In my honest opinion, that post is utterly typical of the dim-witted, thick-skulled, UK PPL community: always justifying their petty little ways with twisted interpretations of the real world".
It usually takes a reasonable amount of SPARE cash to learn to fly and to then move on to further training etc. Agreed you may find some born wealthy types. But most of the pilots i know are business men etc. Hardly fitting of the dim-witted thick skulls title are they? So please explain how, when sitting in your ivory tower watching your EFIS screens and playing with the FMS etc, you will avoid an aircraft who has strayed into your path who has no T/P? Rendering your TCAS readout ineffective
Also if your training, briefing, CRM etc are so much better than a "cheap and nasty rating", how come you need EGPWS? Why on earth would your flight profile be anywhere near ground you weren't expecting? Only conclusion one could draw from that is the higher powers that be, expect your type(ATPL's) to make mistakes and so give you the tools to do the job safely. Lastly, if the IMCR is so "cheap and nasty" then why are there not hundreds of files at AAIB into all the accidents were having?
Sorry to other ppruners, but i cant stand people making assumptions of thousands of PPL holders from an experience of a few!
Sir you are a and i would love to meet you for a beer one day