PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2008, 14:51
kurimaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
concerned about the issues:

Sirs:

i know that most of the people around here are professional pilots, or persons who work in field in aviation.

i respect and salutes to those people around here because of your dedication to work and have a professionalism.
some of people here are encourages me and give some advices.

but..

although i'm still a student, as a DODO and one of MANY pilot wannabe still learning about the aircraft systems and it's function and components, dreaming to fly a sophisticated fly-by-wire aircraft and work as pilot of the national flag carrier in the philippines (PAL) someday.

i'm just concerned about the issues and topics that i've read here in the forum.

i'm planning to start my flying lessons this year...
somewhere in plaridel.
(i'm not qualified in PALav because i'm only graduate of a associated 2yrs course about a/c maintenance.)

but:

because of the topic what i've read in the forum...
it affects me a lot...
and the question that really confused on my mind right now?

"should i continue it or not?"

lots of money, time and effort and risks of your life will be needed to became successful to this profession...and i'm afraid that one day, all of these will be wasted and turns into nothing and resulting to frustration.

"lower pay deserved by those with lesser abilities"

ouch! is that true?

sir kapalmuks answered about my question about the ratings of pinoy pilot who flies a aircraft of F and N.

kurimaw: what pilot license do pal pilot use? phil atpl/cpl with foreign (faa, french or irish) validations. pal pilots with foreign licenses are looked upon with suspicion bec. they can easily go to other airlines. another one recessive policy or mentality pal possesses.
johhny kalbo banned circulation of free flight international magazine within flt ops premises bec pilots can look for jobs in this magazine.
so in short pal policy is the knowhow of pilots in pal should be confined to the bare minimum only to be able to fly in pal (local market). having better knowledge/abilities/skills is frowned upon.
so goes my point again that those who remain in pal deserve the pay they get, e.i. lower pay deserved by those with lesser abilities.

in short:

you have the rating: high ablility/highpay
don't have the rating:low ability/lowpay

what if...to those person dont have enough money to rate their license outside the country...

sir bansai replies.

kapalmuks,
I dont agree. I have friends left behind in PAL not because they have lesser abilities but because they opted to stay. They are already in their comfort zone so to speak & need not uproot themselves out of the Phils. Another thing, some were born with a silver spoon in their mouth. So working with PAL to them is just like a hobby or past time.

it means that:

silver spoon: flying a wide-body aircraft is just like a past time hobby and considers the aircraft as a very-hot toys?

plastic spoon or no spoon at all: flying a wide-body aircraft is a serious job for the sake of the company, passengers, crewmembers, myself and for my family....
(including the montly amortization pays, rents, necessities, etc.)

is that the true meaning ofPILOT

then....

"expect a lot of BS from management again to pressure/intimidate the pilots from even applying"

what's the meaning of that line????

discrimination between b.s deg. and associates grad?

what if one person has met his/her requirements, with or without experience in aviation. medical examination needed in pal? but he/she is only a associated graduate?

while b.s degree has met his/her requirements,medical examination, with or without experience in aviation and came into a expensive exclusive school?

they choose B.S than Associates grad?

WHY?

"pinoy needs kapwa pinoy pilots?? right?"
"hindi ba tayo pantay-pantay?"

and.....

ps: to the leeches & scums of the earth reading this post, I know you're now too eager to report to your boss & eventually to Makati... mind you before you do, many will suffer! Snitch!

it was a diversionary tactic for the scums. I know there'd be PAL management pilots reading this posts & will be reporting to JA, JH or to Makati about this.

Are you trying to be funny or you are spying here for your boss?

and those lines are very discouraging.....
dont know if it is true or not?

but:

i know that everyone living on the earth specially human beings,
HAVE A FREEDOM TO CHOOSE.

we live to choose our own path, we have a freedom and democracy.
everyone of us.. has a own mind, body, and soul to do everything.

Sirs:

Our country has so many problems. including the the downgrade of FAA.
and i'm one of many persons trying to help the country regains it's category.

i know that many pilots and aircraft maintenance will be needed right now.
but please, we must help each other to resolve this problem.

lucky enough that very few students related in aviation knows this forums site.

if this kind of topic will continue, there is a very big NEGATIVE IMPACT. specially to those aviation-related students reads the infos.
it can be put on school papers, or others wil be forced to change their course because of this info..and aviation industry will have a great loss because of this kind of issue.

Sirs...

as one of many students right now, i'm hoping that this problem will be resolved to encourage all people to enter this kind of profession,

to became successful and bloom this industry....

thanks and happy flying