PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Home to duty decrease
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2008, 12:05
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies for not responding earlier, the bouncing of this thread back to the top reminds me to do so now:

Rev I. Tin
how does the lack of FQs work with the mobility contract of uplifting the whole family on posting if there are no FQs at your next duty station?
Happened to me last year and no-one seemed to care very much. The key point was that I had applied for an FQ at new place of duty and the fact that I was waiting for one to be allocated satisfied the requirement.

Not sure how it would be seen for a longer-term inability to serve accompanied. At one point I was posted to a tour that was expected to be just under a year in duration, and I was able to obtain an agreement that it was unreasonable to be expected to serve accompanied based on the number of preceeding moves and the fact that I would be returning to the previous unit after 12 mths. I used the fact that I had an 8-yr-old child on his 3rd school to support my case and PMA agreed to detach me rather than post me. It seems to be OK for those posted to MoD thogh I have no personal experience of that.

Oggin Aviator
So what came first?
Not sure; I think it was either the current Licence To Occupy a Service Families Quarter, or the European (it's not really a) Constitution (honest, so you won't need a referendum).

STH