PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 29th Jan 2008, 07:59
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Chr!st almighty globallocal! It's got nothing to do with fear mongering.

I wasn't saying not to look at this or any other position. Indeed if you are planning a step up, you would be crazy not to consider it. What I said, if you read my post with a little more care, was that to move from a secure (and yes I take your point that nothing is 100%) position then you would be well advised to at least try and cover your arse.

If VOZ are offering 4/7ths of the command slots to existing DJ Captains, then those DJ command positions will have to be replaced, and the vacated F/O positions and so on...... If something goes wrong with VOZ, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the problem. So whether VOZ and DJ are seperate entities or not, a link between the 2 companies will be established. To move from one to the other without some form of indication of where you stand within the Virgin organisation would be wishfull thinking at its worse.

So please do not lecture me about sacrifice and risk taking. Like most on this forum I have endured my fair share, and after 23 years in the game I do not think it unreasonable that people should at least seek clarification to what they are letting themselves in for.