PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Home to duty decrease
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2008, 21:12
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
BN - I'm sorry, but not far off just doesn't cut it. Anytime they make a mistake in your favaour, reagardless of the amount they persue it with a ruthlessness that would put Stalin to shame. So why should we - not just me - we, accept it when it comes to us being out of pocket? Anyway, they are still obliged to pay you HTD if you are on a course / det within a reasonable distance of your home & home unit.

LFFC - I shall ask my nearest colleague to take a daily 30 mile detour to pick me up and drop me off a week a month!

What really hacks me off is that they take a personal contribution - fair enough, but at a rate of 124% of the rate they pay you (much more if you travel over 28 miles where the rate of payment is 2/3 of the MMA for affordability purposes!). And yes it's only for part of the total, but it is a principle; it mightn't be so bad if they took the personal contribution at the same rate as they paid you, but what is the justification for clawing back extra? Surely that can't be right?

So come on then SP Pol, justify that one - especially as the price of keeping a car going has shot through the roof. Another nail in the RAF's coffin - keep it up at this rate and you won't have to pay HTD as there'll be no-one left.