PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asian Express Pilots
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2008, 21:06
Chrome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even though Indonesia is a wonderful country with generally very nice people, unfortunately no Malaysian pilots would go there simply because of Indonesia's not so good track record in aviation safety. Corruption is also perceived to be a menace there. I for one won't move there just for the sake of money. Imagine you hear Indonesian pilots flying everywhere nowadays (Macau, Japan, Thailand etc) and they themselves won't return home. Indonesia economy is forecasted to improve in 2008 so that's something to look forward to. Better economy means more traffic for everyone. I just hope that the DGCA takes real responsibility in improving safety.

TF has invited all AK pilots for new year dinner "get together"

I haven't heard of him doing something like this before. Come on guys, open your eyes. It's an attempt to bribe us into feeling good about the company and make us understand the importance of his efforts to further enhance AirAsia's competitiveness bla bla. But the company is doing good and we love the company. We've heard that all before. It's not treating us like professional pilots that makes us unhappy now. Screwing around with his speculative fuel hedging policy has also lost AirAsia millions of ringgit. Millions that he religiously tells us to save (by saving fuel, freezing wage increases, ignoring requests for improved compensation packages, putting code readers on xerox machines, cutting down on annual coupon travel etc). I for one am not amused. Now my share value is back to what it was months ago. Why did we work so hard for the past year? He screwed up and don't even have the balls to explain it to us and admit that he did something wrong as a courtesy.

Guys, snub the dinner like he snubbed our application for better compensation and improved working conditions. Only this way will he see that he really needs to do something real to retain his better pilots. It would take more than a plate of nasi goreng, chicken wings and beer to make things right. Let CM and the usual band of yes men be there. I'm not going to be bought.

Last edited by Chrome; 28th Jan 2008 at 21:28.