PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Sea Rescue video - RACQ Careflight Helicopter
Old 28th Jan 2008, 20:09
HELOFAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crab, sorry to hear you are not thrilled about flying videos when its something you do.

I hope that when I make it into the field that I choose, I am not bored seeing someone do a decent job of it.

You are right about the comments though, I guess when I posted on a professional pilots forum, I expected professional pilots to pass professional comments.

Videos like this help gain support for all EMS/rescue units when often times are tough financially, I would think that any good publicity is good publicity.

I see it and think good on them & maybe the general public will do the same, and help by donations next time they see the oportunity to do so.
How many operations are shutting down because of lack of funds & or public interest?

I am not one that is going to get all excited about seeing a video when its choppy seas, the boat is on fire in 70 ft swells, yeah its dangerous but when would you rather do the lift?

I am not affiliated with any services, I am a bum student, not even in toad country.

Sad state of affairs.

HF