PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobespan -7
Thread: FlyGlobespan -7
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2008, 16:58
fiffio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi,

Its great to know we are actually getting some fact from someone in globespan, not the guff I was given when phoning the various numbers I tried today!

So our flight time of 10 hours 30 minutes to sandford includes a tech stop? or are they just allowing for one in the flight time? I thought the flight time was higher due to non ETOPs route? why are they allowing time then ntelling everyone there will defo be NO stop?

So in theory if the 757 is still not available in April then we will have the 767 which hopefully by then will have ETOPS so althought we are down as having a the above flight time it will only be a 9hour 30m flight? What about if you have etops back and its the 757 can it make it straight over the pond so agian a much shorter flight time?

Thanks
Kenny

Probably be informed by the captain with his pre-take off brief!

Well, the 757 is back in GLA but I'm yet to hear when it might be operational.

G-CEOD the 767 from the now defunct SB contract is away for a week on a charter but will be back in GLA on 3rd Feb. This will be used for the SFB, in the meantime. GSM is scheduling SFB with 757 flight times which include a tech stop. After last year's problems, delays and unscheduled stops are something we are trying very hard to avoid!

ps. We are working on getting ETOPS back asap.