PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skippers Aviation
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2008, 09:45
BR715

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vee tail
[QUOTE]
"There are at present quite a few Capts on BRAZ now now with both considerable time on type and some with some time on type and a lot of other flying experience ."

There are also captains on the Braz/Metro in training and checked to line that have never flown a turbine, never flown multi crew and are going in as direct entry captains on high performance turboprops flying into mine sites that at times can be highly demanding both with weather and traffic. I find it hard to believe that any C and T pilots out there with any brains would think that is a good idea. Look at Skywest for example when there captains move from the F50 to the F100 they have to sit in the right hand seat for 6 months to get some experience on the jet and how they operate it before they move in to the left seat doesn't matter how many thousands of hours you have on props or total command hours . How many incidents do you see them having as a result not many!!! Skippers should take a leaf out of Skywests book or maybe they can ask the bloke who failed his check a few times and is back at skippers as a Braz captain i am sure he will tell you all about Skywest training standards lol!!!

By the way didnt CASA step in a while ago and make a few captains on the metro (employed as direct entry captains) fly as F/o's for a while to get some experience on type first for the reasons stated above.

Just because the crew may have had 2000hrs combined on the Braz does not make them experienced pilots. How much actual command time did one of the pilots have less than 300hrs i think you will find with less than 50 MEPIC so just because you have total experience on aircraft type as the F/o did that counts for **** as it is the command experience/judgment that counts when the **** hits the fan as it it did at Jundee.

Vee Tail no need to call me a tool just telling as is see it and by the looks of it others too, are they tools??? too. You sound as if you are stuck at skippers still flying props while everyone else around you is moving on to jets try the PATS course i hear it is well worth the money!!!!

[QUOTE]
"Although this may be shooting myself in the foot I can assure you that as being THE 400 hour PIC Training Captain you have associated you previous post with I take a huge amount of offense to your comments."

HEALY wasn't directing it to you personally i don't know you and that 400 hr figure was a estimate i used to make a point and i am not doubting your flying or training skills just trying to make a point about the SYSTEM in general and how it is changing and i don't think it is for the better.