PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 27th Jan 2008, 08:08
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going Boeing, if you think that any individual will do anything other than what suits their own individual best interests, you're in cloud cuckoo land. Refuse a job "for the good of the industry"? Do that and risk being trampled in the rush of others falling over themselves to take it.

I think you'll find some of us still around who thought we were doing something along those lines back in that year we dare not mention here.... and what happened then?

VOz's money men will try to tread that very fine line of making the package just attractive enough to attract just enough qualified starters without spending a dollar more than is necessary.

Someone came out with the (I think fanciful) suggestion that VOz has entered into some under the counter deal with Emirates not to take "too many" of their 777 pilots. Judging by the way Emirates management are currently going out of their way to piss their pilots off with utterly silly rostering, one could be forgiven for thinking they actually WANT as many of their pilots to apply for VOz as possible. (Get rid of all the Ozmates? Hmmm, I know there'd be more than a few in EK, particularly of one particular nationality, who'd welcome that, no matter how big the hole it might blow in their own collective foot.) I know of some people who as little as four weeks ago weren't interested in VOz, but have now applied, thanks only to the crazy rostering that has been recently introduced at EK.