PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 27th Jan 2008, 05:06
Going Boeing

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
gypsypilotwife

I understand where you are coming from but it is always important to take a long term view. With the number of aircraft that have been ordered by Oz based airlines, the demand for pilots in Oz for the next 10 years is going to be huge. The profession as a whole (and your husbands long term career) will be significantly better if the pilot fraternity bonds together for consistent and equal terms and conditions. The "race to the bottom" that has been happening for the last 8 years or so has to stop and the only way to do it is for pilots to say NO. The jobs will still be there so the employers will have to offer better conditions. It may be an unpleasant thought for you to stay a few months longer in the Sandpit or Fragant Harbour but the few months pain will be rewarded by better conditions for many years to come. Overseas based pilots are very welcome back in Oz but please do not accept substandard conditions. GB