PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Q400 gear collaps CPH 27/10
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2008, 01:53
flaps2billion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can a manufacturer be accused of design flaws if a company doesn t use the right parts and follows its own procedures during maintanance operations?
Bingo!

That is a BBD approved procedure, discribed in the AMM.
Is it a Goodrich or BBD approved procedure?

It appears you live in Montreal, so you've obviously heard of the "Journal de Montreal"... their recent coverage on the Air Canada in-flight upset has been almost pure speculation.
??? Im not talking about speculation...I am talking about absolute statements prior to final report..

Was the article headline similar to this, "Air Canada has been flying dangerous airplanes for years when the aircraft rolled 60* for no apparent reason."

so, it is not clear whether the two planes with corroded bolts had deficient filters or not
That's just speculation. The reports I have seen so far indicate that they are isolated problems.

Why is SAS the only company that had a corrossion problem? Horizon operates on the west coast & have been flying their q400s for a while, with no corrossion.

It seems that the article was written by a political writer. Judging by the way he wrote the propaganda piece, he knows very little about aviation. The writer makes a big deal about a little thing without looking at all the facts. The writer talks as if the faulty filter caused all three accidents! Did he at least mention that a NOn avaition grade/ corrosive lube was used on the gears??

It seems that the media is trying to convince the people that SAS is not at fault. The investigation is still not finished! We don't if the faulty filter is the cause. Its goodrich who makes the gears....not BBD.

Making a big deal out of the little things in order to convince the people is wrong!
& making statements, "SAS has been flying dangerous airplanes," is shameful!

The thing the pisses me off is, that an average person can pick up the paper, read the article & say, "wow! those airplanes are dangerous."
If the investigation favours BBD....will the media & politcians take the time to apologize to the BBD company???