PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low-timers in bizjet jobs
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2008, 09:47
Private jet

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i got my first jet job (SIC/P2 on citation 2) with 360 hrs tt. It can be done. There was a degree of right place right time, and i fitted in with the very small team personality wise which was also fortunate. One extra thing i think went in my favour was the fact that i did a lot with my 360 hrs (had over 40 different airports in the book, had flown in 4 different countries, 7 types, 100+ hrs IFR including a fair chunk of "real" IFR too etc etc) I didn't just float round taking family & friends on look/see flights or build up hours by going the instructor route, flogging round the same circuit day in day out teaching PPL's. Yes a thousand hours will make the operators insurance bill cheaper but thats about it. Everybody finds their first jet a demanding experience, but a friend of mine went instructing and accumulated 1000 hrs doing it, but when he got his jet job he took as long as me to get to grips with it. Pilots do get positions with low hours, otherwise how would anyone ever build any experience? Take care.