PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another nail in the MACC morale coffin.
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2008, 09:30
ZOOKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beaver, You are correct. I have not seen the movie you mention. I am not interested in fiction, (pulp or otherwise). I am interested in FACTS.
It is a FACT is it not, that MACC staff are remunerated less than the LACC en route controllers who are, according to complexity tables mentioned above, are responsible for less complex airspace, due in part to a pay banding formula which (allegedly) has been proven flawed.
This, along with the relocation to The New Prestwick Centre, (or should that be Prestwick Centre-The Noo), is one of the main undercurrents of the current MACC morale problems.
Also Beaver, I think you will find the underlying principles of ATC are fairly straightforward to understand. Even an ATC layperson such as 'Goldenballs' (Mr Beckham to you), would, if plugged in on Clacton for a couple of hours, get a good grasp of the procedures.
'GIMPY' would make an excellent waypoint, preferably in one of your sectors Beaver. (if indeed you are a controller).
'ZOOKA' would also be a good one. Probably suitable for more complex TMA Airspace!

Last edited by ZOOKER; 26th Jan 2008 at 09:46.