PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2008, 21:33
singesavant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mesh1matrix2000

"I hope to be able to purchase a Cabri g2 for private use. Any information you have on the viability, expected operating costs etc would be greatly appreciated. I have searched the web high up and low down for detailed independant reviews/information without much success."

The major factor will be to place an oder, They plan to produce ten aircrafts this year and look like it 'll be hard to place order due to the demand... the first delivery is suppose to be marsh 2008; other factor could be the price around 240.000€.

But still seem to be classic for aviation so far; For the operating cost they plan and designed on similar cost than a R22 but not at the begining for the very first aircrafts due to the limited life components restrictions for safety reasons.
Can not find out an original email stating that, but I'm sure I read it...

blades are suppose to be unlimited life made of carbon.

From the first article translated by freewheel:

"For maintenance, Hélicoptères Guimbal aims a first visit at 100 hours, then one 500 H and a 4' 000 H, left major inspection. Lycoming requires a draining with change of the filters all the 50 H. The potentials aimed for the mechanical sets are of 4' 000 h. Bruno Guimbal indicates to want to manufacture a machine whose maintenance will not be compromised by calendar thrusts."

Last edited by singesavant; 25th Jan 2008 at 21:48.