PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan air F/O Pay, can a actual Ryanair pilot please answer
Old 25th Jan 2008, 10:43
skyflyer737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cloud Bunny and Flying Clara - what I said is based on personal experience. When I was at Luton I flew 98 hours in my first month and 75 in my second month, as a based pilot. Maybe others are not so lucky but that's what I did.

Yes, I am now flying 95 to 100 hours a month, every month (I'm not just quoting my best months). Friends in Girona and Pisa are flying the same amounts. Of course this means you would get to your 900 hours in 9 months but you have to take annual leave into account some months, the odd week or so here and there in the sim doing recurrent training, LPC/OPC and things like VNAV training etc and on top of that under the Broofield contract you have to nominate one calendar month in which you do not work - ie you don't get paid at all - so more or less I'll do 900 hours in about 11 to 12 months.

I'm not saying this is good or bad - just putting down my own experiences so others can read them.