PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Q400 gear collaps CPH 27/10
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2008, 01:48
flaps2billion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAS has for years been flying around with 27 Dash8 aircraft, that had serious, but hidden designflaws
Is it just me, or did anybody else find this article loaded & bias? Who wrote this article & does he know anything about aviation?

Since when would a faulty filter constitute as a major design flaw?

I a minimum of two cases an o-ring was in the hydraulic system. SAS had no chance of finding the corrosion or the flawed filters. The corrosion was in a piston, that should only be inspected after about 10 years use - SAS recieved their aircraft in 2000.
They are trying to link the third accident with the first two! Both had nothing to do with each other.
They mention nothing about where the corrosion came from?

After looking at the facts, I do believe that the faulty filter may have been a reason for the third. Maybe something during the inspections triggered it?? Who knows??

But this article tries to blame the first two on BBD with no substance at all! Corrosion? Where did the corrosion come from & how? Why no other airline?

the technical director of EASA answered in a mail, that:"the found faults will only be critical in a combination with maintanance faults".
Well no kidding!

"the scandinavian CAA's are not on par with the view of EASA"

SAS flew dangerous planes for years

I found this article extremely shameful! Without any final report, they already come to a conclusion! Is this the way news is presented to people in Denmark?
They try to link the first two accidents with the third without any proper reasoning!

Transport Canada does not do this, the FAA does not do this & the media on our side of the pond does not make loaded statements without a final report. At least they use words like suspect or possible!

The Q400 is still manufactured the same way! Does this mean that Flybe, Horizon, ANA, Austrian, Porter, Frontier.... have flying dangerous airplanes?

This is how you ruin reputations! The average reader who is not into aviation won't know better. They can easily be fooled by loaded statements!

In my 15 years of flying pros.....I have never seen something this ridiculous!

Is the SLV looking for the truth or are they trying to defend SAS?
Anyways, let's cut the talk & see what the final report says!