PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Work experience
Thread: Work experience
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2008, 23:43
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aberdeen next stop? :-)

'relevant qualities'?

Well, they'd have to assess it. Don't go looking for place to start off thinking you're not worth it. Be more American, try to sell yourself.

I know that being teenager and 20-something isn't exactly the same, but hey, look at it from the brighter side. Teenagers are more volatile.
You know what you want out of your life. You have passion for aviation that has always been there even when you started with another career and now coming back to the origin. Fact that you can only be PPL pilot sucks, but then, trying to break in as mechanic shows that you really like aviation and take the 'second best' there is.

Truth is I didn't contact CHC Scotia or research their offers if there are any official ones on website.

Guys here just mentioned it's possible. So off you go. Yeovil is closer to London, but it's also ages till 'next time'.

Just try to look that you really want to have career in the UK or at least with the company :-D

I used to do arts and play violin as a boy, did ballroom dancing. All because I like it. But didn't consider it as career pathway (unlike my mother). I know what you mean. Liking something just isn't enough for a career.
I disliked the word 'career' my mom used to say, imagining me finishing the Uni 'back home' and working in some posh office job. Well, didn't happen.

But once I realised I can make my life in and around aviation true, not just occasional paragliding or ultralight joyflights, the word career isn't negative in that sense.

You see? Guys in the know also recommend apprenticeship with rotary company because of learning on the go, getting paid and getting papers few years after. I'm sure it's matter of time for you should you try hard enough.