PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Work experience
Thread: Work experience
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2008, 10:13
garn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok ok, firstly id count yourself lucky that you can fly commercially, i did all the research, was ready to start training but i couldnt pass the medical because of my eyesight. Thats reality and im very much a realist.

My view of that AW apprenticeship is purely based on what guys in the field said about it and i dont know anything so i take their word. They said an NVQ wasnt worth the paper its written on and i didnt want to risk wasting 4 years when im already 23 doing something potentially pointless.

Im in contact with AW and well see what comes up, but id just rather get on an apprenticeship and if that fails ill be on a course to get myself an EASA 66 and two years on the job and qualified. hopefully. age seems to be factor so im panicing about that too be to honest.

I want to do it more than anything, but im just very concious of not wasting years doing something that points me in the wrong direction, so im being cautious. Could be wrong way to go about it but hey, ill have to learn from my mistakes.

You have an option to fly which i would give anything to have, so maybe you can look at it with a bit more of a " take a chance" outlook, i dont know. Im grateful for your help and your view, but dont put me down as a snob who wont accept certain oppertunities as there "below me", id take any apprenticeship in any part of world right now!