PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Jet Intl -Part 91 Turbine PIC
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2008, 02:12
leondelfierro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another newbie asking for advice...

I got late into this thread, but i was researching some info about my next step (im finishing my ICAO CPL with near 200TT), and found about Eaglejet and FS, both are similary priced....U$ 8900 for 100 PIC on the DHC 6 and U$8750 for the FS course.

Im not quite sure what way should i take since my situation its kind of strange, or particular.
I live in Chile where's very few DHC-6 operators and generally speaking turboprop and executive aviation, so geting even in a PA-31 would be very hard and some times you would not be paid just because "you got some hours for your logbook so that's a benefit for you". Most of this jobs are given to retired guys from the services since they get a good bunch of hours in the military.

So i want to try everywhere in the world where they want to give a chance to a low timer, caribbean, africa, maldives no matter where.Even coming back to my country would be treated more profesionally with PIC time in any truboprop.
I came up with that the DHC-6 its a good rating to start and its common for starters to get in to that plane.

Please if someone has taken any of those hour packages please can comment about it? and the FS course too.

So looking forward to that, what would you think its a better choice getting the PIC Time or the FS course and the ask for a Job Somewhere?
And where would I be more likely to get it?

Thanks Fellas!

(no chance to get Euro passport or Greencard, not even in the 10th generation of my family I can find some european or american)

Last edited by leondelfierro; 24th Jan 2008 at 02:18. Reason: Could not finish