PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth out of control...
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2008, 23:55
Monopole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Westausatc and Swan River Rat,

Thanks for jumping onboard and giving us your point of view. I am sure no-one here didn't expect the 'other side to the story'.

To be brutally honest though a mockery of the slot time system was made when a/c were waiting for up to 40min after their allocated time. The same thing goes for inbound a/c who are required to hold even though they are outside of the holding period. In both cases crew has a set amount of fuel on board based on their (more often then not minimum) legal requirements. I have returned to the ramp after excessive taxi time to uplift more fuel and I have made several intermediate stops enroute due to excessive taxi time (but to be fair it was touch and go anyway on most occassions).

Some companys get charged by the clients for poor on time performance and i'm sure AsA doesn't flip the bill for this.

And finally just out of interest, why is there a bottle neck aloud to form at TWY H1 by a/c using 06 and 03. Me personally, I usually ask to cross the RWY at W and taxi via C for a L2 departure. Slightly longer in taxi but usually shorter in waiting time.

Once again I for one appreciate your input into this forum.

Mono