PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2008, 21:04
Freewheel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahem,

Moving right back to topic;

It's good to see the project continuing to make progress. It was very positive to see the reference in the article to high rotor inertia, so clearly the lessons have been learned well.

The crashworthy seating looks to be very well done, giving a great sense of confidence.

Personally I'd like to see a diesel in the works, but given the level of innovation and thought that appears to have gone into it so far, I don't imagine the concept will have escaped the designer. I suppose, a suitable engine needs to be found first. I gather the thielert may have packaging problems in this layout and the SMA may be too heavy.

As described, it might be a bit expensive - I wonder whether it will be built by Guimbal itself or assembly subcontracted? Now let's see, who's got a production/assembly facility in Europe, the US and Asia?

I do hope Guimbal will ensure his product support is an improvement on his former employer........

Here's a tip, gather bits for 1 complete airframe, put on shelf, assemble next set of bits for the next airframe, complete and deliver to customer. Repeat, at least to get started with. Should only need a few complete sets of spares to get the kinks ironed out.