PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tornado 'Combat' Power Throttle Setting
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2008, 20:10
flipflopman RB199

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blunty,

That list is slightly different for Tornado, but I'll not be so pedantic as to attempt to correct you here!!

As I remember, the 34 Deg K at Datum/Low and 26 Deg K at Combat are entirely correct. With the DECU controlled 104, 25 Deg K TBT also equates to a 1% NH increase, and this is used when re-datuming the DECU to the ECU test bed figures. I remember on Post Inst runs ensuring that the TBT registered around a 25 Deg rise upon selection of Combat.

As goes the Datum/Low switch, the only time I can ever recall messing about with that, was during Post Insts on the 101 engined GR1's where the switch was left in the datum position for everyday use. As goes the worry of cooked engines, bear in mind that the engine was designed to operate safely and reliably with the DATUM position selected, and LOW is simply a cheap and easy way of stretching a little more life from the engines.

T6NL? Adour, if I'm not mistaken

Hallam Pilot,

I remember the blanking plate mod well, Also the subsequent mod to drill a 3.2mm hole in the centre, to try and alleviate the burst spray manifolds that began to occur!!

Flipflopman