PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2008, 08:54
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ash666
I really don't see what the issue with all this discussion re ski charter vs resort profiles is leading. Transwede has made a good asessment of NCL's contribution and on the whole it is a lot better than it has been as basically one way or another you do have an excellent choice of resorts albeit some with detrimental transfer times but they ARE accessible. I note you identify services to LYS / CMF in earier seasons. Like anything one can make any point by singling out times gone. Go back 25 years to the early 80's and the situation was much more restricted, you were offered one flight a week which one year would fly to GVA, and the next year Munich and that was it unless you could blag your way onto the short school series charter that invariably flew to a more interesting destination. Having flown from NCL on at least one ski charter every year AND avoiding peak times, I can not recall ever being on a flight that was less than 95% full and that includes 2007, indeed it used to be that due to load restrictions on 146's & 1-11's if you took your own gear then there was always the uncertainty that it would actually arrive on the same flight. The presumption has to be that with Loco's moving in then there is only a finite no. of punters. I can live with this, though it claerly appears to trouble you.