PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jersey-2
Thread: Jersey-2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 10:18
virginblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering the other day about the history of the air services from JER and GCI to the airports on the French coast. If I have not missed a service, these are now down to Guernsey-Dinard on Aurigny and Jersey-Cherbourg-(Paris) on Twin Jet (is there any local travel on those Cherbourg flights?)

Dinard seems to be the only airport that has enjoyed some lasting success at least from GCI. I remember that Aurigny a while back also (or instead?) served St. Brieuc, and in the very early days of Aurigny there were flights to Granville as well (at least that is what I read somewhere). Other reasonably close by airports in France, although already at some distance for a Trislander, are Rennes, Lannion or Caen - have there been flights to those as well in the past? Have there ever been direct flight from ACI to France?

How in general are these shorts hops doing - are they more a tourist or used by local residents? I guess in times of fast ferries JER is a more difficult market than GCI for those flights locaionwise, while GCI simply lacks the population for decent demand?