PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing to CHRT in the "Bush"?? Is it possible??
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 08:53
mattm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers for the info so far but keep it coming.

I probably should have made myself a little clearer.

The truth of the matter is that im really not sure sure where i went to end up. Instructing is great and im not just in it for the hour building i really do enjoy it but there is only so long that you can live on GA instructor wages, especially if you want to one day end up having family, house etc etc. Its just a fact of life i guess and its been like that for a long time before i was around and ive know that from the day i did my TIF.

The other guys who are G1 and G2 (at least where i am working) are making slightly better money but there is very limited potential for twin/IFR hours. Basically i dont want to be two years down the track with 2000 hrs but all single engine VFR, which if i stay where i am is what is prob gonna happen. Would that be wasted time?

I know that there are plenty of jobs for G2 and G1 instructors at the moment and that twin hours may be easier to get instructing else where but i dont know if it would come more quickly and be dare i say it "better" experience if i went bush.

I keep reading in all these posts from what sound like fairly experienced and senior pilots about how people need "real world" experienece. I want to get "real world" experienece but i guess its that age old question of what background is going to put you in the best position? Going bush or instructing?

Would be interested to hear about the way others have done it. PM is fine. Basically feel free to blow your own trumpet and tell me how you got where you are.