PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing to CHRT in the "Bush"?? Is it possible??
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 07:46
kalavo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mate you are in a fantastic position at the moment - you've got more than a basic CPL and the industry is the best it's ever been. If you can get your hands on some time in a C206 or C210 you'll be absolutely laughing, even without 200 time, you're still in a good position.

Nobody is going to hand you a job the minute you rock up, but if you've got a little bit of money saved up for a trip up north, i really don't think you'll regret it.

Your best bet is to go up north and do a dry season in singles, you'll get laid off over the wet, which is a perfect time to do that CIR/ME, come back and do another season in Singles and half way through you'll more than likely find yourself in that twin job you dream of.

The instructor rating hasn't sealed your fate, but just realise it's not going to be too much use to you as a Junior Grade 3... you may be better off hanging on to get a G2 or a G1. Ultimately you're going to need to go bush though, so its up to you when you do it. If you're heart isn't in instructing and the airlines is where you want to be, go now... don't waste your students money with an instructor who doesnt want to be there. If you love instructing as you say then stick it out for a G2 or a G1 then look at going bush.

My 2 cents..