PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing to CHRT in the "Bush"?? Is it possible??
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 07:10
mattm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instructing to CHRT in the "Bush"?? Is it possible??

Im a Junior G3 instructor in the city with about 350hrs TT mainly on C172/182 and 0 twin hrs doing 2-3 hrs a day and im loving every minute but thinking long term about career and what is going to be best.

Just after any info from those in the know because Im the first to admit that my knowledge and experience is pretty limited (having done all my training from ab-initio to Instructor rating and now instructing out of same school at same airport).

Hyperthetically would someone in my position MAYBE get CHRT work in WA or NT?

I know that most CHRT guys are of the opinion that instructing is the lowest form of aviation. Even if i found $$ to do twin rating IFR etc i know that im gonna have to start at the bottom and that it would be a long time before i would even be allowed to wash a twin. But theoretically would i find something (and how hard would i have to look) driving a single initially? From there how does the food chain work to get twin hours in CHTR in WA NT etc?

Im always looking at job ads and the min requirements but i know that alot
of work in the "bush" is through word of mouth and just being in the right place at right time. What i cant work out is how a CHTR operator out of Kunnanurra is asking for 300-500 multi to fly a C310 when REX and Qantaslink are only asking the same or less as an FO on a Saab or Dash 8??

I realise that i need twin Hrs to go anywhere but what im trying to work out is, if it is going to be worth going bush to get twin hrs and if this is even possible from where i am or have i sealed my fate by going down the instructing road?

Any info or opinions would be much appreciated.