PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2008, 14:03
Channex101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the VLC and LEI were not bad routes load wise but I think they make more on the AGP MJV TFS PSA and MAH and there is only 3 based units at NCL this summer so think they will only operate the top money earners.
With Jet2 leaning away from city routes and going down the charter market LGW would have been the first to go anyway as its never been a big money earner. Easyjet IMHO would make it work! they have a bigger presence at LGW than Jet2 and also are more popular both down south and up north. That tacky programme "Airline" got them into every household, as they say, no publicity is bad publicity, and for easyjet it seems right!
I think Jet2 are looking more into charter longhaul withthe possiblity of sched services to east coast USA. I dont have a problem crossing the atlantic on the LS 757s, I work on them on a regular basis, in fact lived on them most of the summer. Yes, there was a few probs during the summer which as always are highlited on here the minute they run 5 mins late, there is always some sado watching arrivals on the net getting ready to tell everyone else when an airline has a 2 min delay! but having worked on LS 757s for a while now I can honestly say I wouldnt have a problem being on it for 7 hours to JFK, Look at all the days it hasnt had problems and the sched had been on time or early (the ACE has been 25mins plus early every week for 3wks running now.... anyone report that?)
Rumours are a/c is to be re-configd to around 200 seats anyway so legroom will be ok!