PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Truth with Ryanair and SSTRs
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2008, 10:52
chris-squire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newton69 - Apologies you're right and in heinsight I could have worded that better.

For the Pilots and crew (but pilot's in particular)... I can only imagine how hard it must have been. I know a couple of guys that qualified just after 9-11 and both took the brunt of trying to get a job after. Not something I would ever wish on anyone.

As you say they were laying off Pilot's and cutting pay reasonably quickly but as a business that may have been necessary to save as many as possible if you know what I mean. I'm not saying it's right and given that, for the time being I am only a wannabee, I'll reserve judgement!

My main point being I was seriously shocked when I put together a summarised P&L for all UK major airlines from 2000 to 2005 and worked out for myself exactly how quickly it all bounced back. Just makes me feel for the Pilot's that went throught hat even more!

As for this recession, the volume of medica coverage that it is getting will be the final nail in the coffin, much like it was for Northen Rock! The more people tak about it the more likle yit will happen because the rest of the world will lose confidence in our economy and bugger off elsewhere with their investments.

Anyway, this is all off topic of the thread so apologies. But some valid points coming out none the less!

CS