PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Truth with Ryanair and SSTRs
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2008, 07:55
chris-squire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spanner in the works!

Hi All,

Just wanted to point out something...

I'm just about to start my training and am getting sick of people going on about this bloody recession! What is everyone supposed to do, run and hide with their bundles of cash until the storm blows over!

I was somewhat enlightened after doing my business plan a few months ago to find that Sept 11th wasn't as bigger deal for the industry as they like to make out. The vast majority of all UK major airlines were back to making a profit within a year and back to growing their profits within 18 months. And those figures are published on the CAA website! So...if that's what 911 did I'm not overly worried about a recession. Besides, recession doesn't mean that people will stop spending, it just means that they will stop spending on things like a new sofa or a new car. They will still go away for their 2 weeks in Spain or whatever. The long haul sector will be hit with people sacraficing their life time breaks to Aus for a fortnight in Cyprus.

Honestly, I don't like the sound of a recession either and it won't be a picnic for anyone but I'm not going to stop my training and stick working as an accountant because of it.

CS