PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who controls and checks when you update your flying hours?
Old 21st Jan 2008, 07:16
shortstripper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I realised a while back that I'd been logging hours incorrectly for years to my disadvantage. I'd always logged take off to landing as that was the way it was done when I used to fly gliders. Without thinking, I just carried this on with my power flying until it was pointed out on my last revalidation flight. It equals about 70hours and I rang the CAA out of interest to check what I could do. They said I could go back and rewrite my entire log if I wanted ... but to be honest, at this stage I just can't see the point. I have the hours I need for most things I might want to do, so why mess up my original? At least I can look back and KNOW it's all true and hard earned. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to cheat the system as the only one you cheat is yourself. I can see the attraction when you start out, but later when your hours build past the various milestones, you'd forever feel a fraud. The other thing is, no matter what hours you have logged, experience shows ... and so does lack of it!

SS