PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Truth with Ryanair and SSTRs
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2008, 15:59
Rhodes13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is being a xenophobe part of being british now is it?

No i left Australia of my own choosing to come to the UK because I am of European descent but thanks for asking!

As for lowering the bar its seems that the boys at the majors are doing a pretty good job of that at the moment without the help of RYR. Lets just look at Aer Lingus and the current Open Skies/ Project Lauren. But hang on your going to say BALPA is trying protect its members? Do you really think BALPA will achieve its aims with stopping BA given the fact they have already allowed similar schemes in the past with connect, go and all the franchises? Yes you'll have legal rights but you'll get stuff all from the company if you've been there for such a small period of time.

No I understood exactly what you meant. But lets look at it this way. I earn decent money from RYR, I dont like the way they conduct their business but I CHOOSE to take the risks to advance my career and as you put it in your willy measuring contest to get the big house and nice car!

Surely its better to have 500 hours in the bank and get paid for it than spending your time sitting on the sideline looking at other people get ahead of you? Our young friend has a choice. Spend more money to become an FI etc and maybe miss a great oppurtunity or play the game and get into a LOCO and advance his career now?

I can read what you wrote and I still see no great advantage of putting a deposit down on an asset that is greatly over inflated in value and if/when the bubble bursts could see a fair chunk of it disappear in a puff of smoke! Yes in the long term you'll be better off but that doesn't help our newbie in putting food on his plate now!

As for being aggressive and blasphemous I only do that when people pontificate from their ivory towers telling newbies not to do this or that and that by doing this they will destroy Terms for everyone. Surely its the incumbents that have allowed this happen that have destroyed it? But that's a whole other argument!

Rant over