PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC Renewal
Thread: ASIC Renewal
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2008, 12:22
Islander Jock

I don't want to be the best pilot in the world - Just the oldest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A indication of progress?
Maybe more an indication that they have taken your money. Remember even if an adverse security finding was to come back. You still pay for the application.

I was having a think about how quick it could be done assuming an issuing authority had their own machine and sufficient staff to deal with applications as they were recieved. Assuming 2 days for mail each way for applicaton and return of card, AUSCHECK clearance, document administration I would be surpised if it could be done in under 2 weeks. Given the relative few that have the printing machines is a major factor that slows the process even those that do, like Aviation ID australia, are probably overwhlemed with the workload.

Chimbu's comment about the renewal being a simple database check is spot on but we will have to wait and see if the new Minister is going to listen to the industry and make some changes involving common sense. Some informal conversations I have had with the Department indicate that there will be some reviews of current requirements. I'm not holding my breath though that things will change quickly though.

Multime,
The introduction of or the legislation enforcing the use of ASICs is nothing to do with CASA. They are merely an issuing authority.