PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2008, 02:59
misd-agin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today, 13:20 #729 Seggy
Instead of being 'just another number' I could order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

It is going to be interesting to see the FINAL accident investigation report. There is going to be a lot of 'politicing' going on behind the scenes with this one.

Great job to the flight and cabin crew.
Last edited by Seggy : Today at 13:35. Reason: typo

Well, I find it interesting that you comment about the 'behind the scenes politicing' that will go on and then contribute to what can cause it... by praising people before the facts are known. If the facts don't support the public praise it certainly puts the investigators in a tough spot, doesn't it?

U.S lead safety investigator - "we have to be careful how we handle this. The press has made a hero out of this guy." This after finding some unexplainable behavior during the investigation. Yes, they're aware of public sentiments and pressure.

The comments about 'speed reduced'(AAIB), 'stickshaker'(London Times), and 'dropped in from 10 feet'(pprune post allegedly quoting news report), could be spun to make a complete different story. Until the facts are released I think we should wait before we start cheering or pointing fingers.

None of us know what really happened. The investigators aren't talking. Give it time....