PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2008, 02:21
Lazarus42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OT: Re Pilots / Crew Only Forum

Hi all...

First of all I'm stunned at the calm professionalism and precise, quick actions of the triple seven crew. A major incident averted and everyone got to go home for tea. The view out of the windows during the last few seconds must have been truly daunting. If we ever bump into each other, it's my round!

Now... This will be my first and last post.

I don't fly. Half an hour at the controls of a Piper Tomahawk, dangling from a paraglider at 50ft (was meant to be practising "ground handling"... whoops! ) and a lifelong interest in aviation does not a pilot make. I just would like to say that as SLF ( Gotta love that phrase) I come here to learn. Just the day to day stuff flight and cabin crew take for granted as another day at the office fascinates me.

But with an incident like this (amongst others to be found in these forums) this is the best place for people who know what they are talking about to discuss what happened and what it means for crew, passengers and the industry as a whole.

I think you should have a "professional only" forum. It would keep the armchair pilots (like me ) from posting all those "I'm not a pilot but...." posts and keep the signal to noise ratio a bit higher than it currently is.

But please let us read it! I don't want to post but would hate to lose the insight and information contained herein. I've spent many a happy hour reading and learning here and would mourn it's loss.

A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. But well informed passengers who know why they are told to put their seatbelt on and can't open the windows must surely help.

Laz

Last edited by Lazarus42; 20th Jan 2008 at 03:23.