PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2008, 00:17
KaptinZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pasoundman, and the concept of fuel exhaustion in a two crew, state of the art airliner is equally entenable, but it has happened, and will continue to, happen. Unfortunately!!

And I am not stating that this is the case here, merely putting it forth as a possible theory, and this is, after all, Professional Pilots Rumour Network.

What I do contend though is that nobody can say with any degree of authority, or even any authority at all, with the exception, perhaps, of the two crew members, what actually happened, and whilst they can relate what happened, they may not be aware of the cause.........or they may be.

The rest of us are reading the newspapers, reading PPRuNe, and listening to hearsay, so hypothesize all you wish, but please don't put anything forward as fact until the accidnet investigation team have done their work.

The one thing I would be prepared to guarantee though is that BA management is in ar$e covering mode.

Whatever the cause, the crew did a great job over the last 500-600?? feet, and whatever the outcome, I wish the two crew well in what will undoubtedly be the most difficult time of their professional flying careers, or probably their entire lives.

Last edited by KaptinZZ; 20th Jan 2008 at 01:33.