PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 28 day check - logged as P1 or PUT?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 23:51
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats a whole different situation than being sat up front. Or is that a practice you have experience of?
Please explain the difference bertween being a passenger seated in 1A and a passenger seated in 32B

A passenger is a passenger. They have no loggging rights regardless of what licence they hold or what seat they sit in and more importantly for this case have no right to interact in any way with the crew other than as a passenger and must not "interfere" with the conduct of the flight.

Or, as we have said, the aircraft owner(s) wish to show how to fly the aircraft within their requirements.
What does the insurance say about demonstration flights?

More importantly, if you accept that a pilot is qualified to fly the aircraft as pilot in command then you accept that they can fly it within the limitations you set but bearing in mind that provided they operate the aircraft in accordance with the law and thre flight manual you can not complain.

Remember that in the case of a private aircraft, the pilot in command is for the duration of the flight, the operator.

You want me to cruise at 90 knots in the PARO and I will do it while flying with you. What is to stop me applying max rental power when you are not there?

In what way are you negligent if you hold the relevant licence and are not breaking rules such as 90day rule?
Examples;

1. You decide you are rusty and need a check........you do not get a check but carry a passenger as P1......following an accident on that flight and court case will ask why you proceed to be pilot in command when you knew you were rusty?

2. The club requires a check because you do not meet the club 28 day rule requirements for being pilot in command. You were pilot in command and carried a passenger when your club rules said you were not to be. Passenger sues you following accident because you knew that according to the club rules (designed to enhance safety) you could not be pilot in command. The club also sues for loss of income and the insurance company join the band.

3. The aircraft owner requires a checkout of pilots because that is their right.
You departed with a passenger in the owner's aircraft before having completed the checkout the owner requires. anf after a heavy landing the owner sues you for personal loss and loss to the aircraft which as operator you are responsible for.

That is why I wonder at people who are willing to agree to take sole responsibility for a flight which they are doing simply because they are (for whatever reason) not capable of being pilot in command of.

Regards,

DFC